Union Township, VALPARAISO, IN
Union Township Schools wanted to install new boiler and hot water loops in the high school and replace windows and conduct roof restoration at John Simatovich Elementary School, all as the rest in a two-part renovation project. The second phase included an upgrade to the temperature controls throughout Wheeler High School and Union Township Middle School.
The rest phase of updates resulted in an estimated annual savings of $83,042.00 for 7 years, totaling $581,294.00. The second phase resulted in an annual savings of $223,457.00 for 10 years, totaling $2,234,570.00. The total savings for both projects is a projected $2,815,864.00.
Wheeler High School
• Radiation Loop Boiler Replacement
• Radiation Loop Hot Water Specialties Replacement
John Simatovich Elementary School
• Window Replacement
• Exterior Brick Tuck-pointing and Sealing
• Roofing Restoration
Wheeler High School & Union Township Middle School
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (Head End)
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (1997 Building Central Plant)
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (1997 Building Unitary Equipment)
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (1997 Building Misc.)
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (1988 Building Central Plant)
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (1988 Building Unitary Equipment)
• Variable Air Volume Box Replacement (1988 Building Area)
• DDC Temperature Controls Upgrade (1988 Building Misc.)
Union Township Schools is a past customer of the Temperature Controls Services side and has previously also done a Guaranteed Savings Project. Union Township School Corporation is located in Valparaiso, Indiana, in Porter County. The district serves approximately 1,650 students.